Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I am 39 today, and this is what I KNOW

I am thirty nine today! Today is my birthday. I think birthdays are very special. This is the day you were introduced into the world. This is the day that your seed was planted firmly in the earth's ground. On this day, the watering of your seed needed to begin so your seed would grow and turn into a beautiful flower.
Some seeds are never watered, some are overwatered, and others just seem to get enough water to bloom into a flower or plant that fits in nicely with the rest of the garden. While the ones that are not ever watered are always the weeds wondering how to become a flower. For, it is quite difficult for the weeds, to change into a flower without any rain. It is like they reside in the desert. But,the good news is, we have a product called Miracle Gro! You can put it on, every seven days preferably, bloom slowly, and turn into a flower. That is what happened to me!
My seed entered earth's soil on February 11, 1970. My seed was watered for almost three solid years until my mother was killed in a car accident. I do not remember my mother, not a single thing about her, but I believe those first three years of her watering me, helped my tremendously, through the next thirty two years of my drought. I must have been smart enough at age two to start storing water somewhere in my body and ration it for use when needed. Especially, when I was getting so toxic I was dying for thirst.
I was going to make a list of the thirty nine lessons or wisdoms that I have learned during the course of my life, but I decided, I will do twenty five since this seems to be the craze on facebook! I will start with the lessons I learned as a young child, you will see them changing as I become older, and feed my seed myself with Miracle Gro! By the way, I do not have a facebook page so I have been feeling left out. Here we go.
1. Your Kindergarten teacher does not appreciate worms being brought to school.
2. Your first grade teacher gets mad when you scream on the top of your lungs "SICK" when the kid in the desk next to you barfs.
3. It is never a good idea to give your older sister a white wash while her friends hold her down for you. For you will get one back and feel as if you are drowning while simultaneously your face is getting frost bit.
4. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can.
5. A father is not a hero, an aunt is.
6. Sister's have the greatest bond.
7. Life is lonely.
8. Cheating on your 6th grade science test is never a good idea. Especially, if you decide to walk right up to the kid next to you while the teacher is supposedly getting a drink of water, it is a trick!
9. Stealing your father's car at the age of thirteen can cause you to get a very quick, and well deserved, slap on your face.
10. Alcoholics, are narcissists, self-centered, and victims. Yes, they have a disease, that can be cured. They will cure it when they stop being so selfish.
11. A good time to talk an alcholic is when they are drunk, they are nice, and will give you the world.
12. When you try and punish a loved one for not loving you, you are actually just punishing yourself!
13. The one person you can count on in life is yourself.
14. If you learn to love yourself you will love life, and others,
15. Resentment and anger get you know where, except at the pity party.
16. Nature is God's greatest gift.
17. Our five senses are meant to be used to smell the roses, see the beauty in the rose, hear the bee's buzzing around the rose, touch the petal and feel how silky it is, and then realize that moment when you combine all your senses that were touched by this rose, you are feeling happy and content.
18. Children are a miracle.
19. Have an attitude of gratitude, no matter what hand you have been given.
20. Eat good food, with people you love, and it will taste even better.
21. Laugh and smile. There is so much to be happy about.
22. It always works out, and it will get better.
23. Hug and kiss like you mean it, look someone in the eye and tell them how much you love them, and take in the moment.
24. Never stop having faith, for faith leads you to hope. With hope and faith you will always be guided to where you need to go.
25. LIFE IS GOOD!
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment