Thursday, June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson

I will start with Farrah since she died first today. I was Jill Munroe for many of my young elementary years. My two girlfriends, Shawn and Vanessa, and I played Charlies Angels everyday. I was steadfast in my commitment to play the part of Jill Munroe.Oh yes, I had the feathered hair, and eventually tried to wear an orange one piece bathing suit. You know, the bathing suit that Farrah wore in the famous poster that every guy had pinned up in his bedroom. No one could be Farrah. When she married the six million dollar man I finally said to myself, "Heather, give it up!"She was sixty two years old and a huge part of my childhood, as well as, many of yours. Her longtime love Ryan O'Neal said he would marry her as soon as she had the strength to say yes. Well she never got enough strength to say yes before she passed. I want you to ponder that for a moment. They had an over twenty year love affair, at times turbulent and at times tender. What does this say to you? I am going to tell you what it says to me.It says, that we as humans are way to caught up in things that are so unimportant and we usually don't get our wake up call until it is too late.So wake up people, seize the moment, seize the day, it is your day today and everyday. It is up to you to wake up and scream, "I am alive, thank you God, and life is glorious." Ryan and Farrah didn't get their chance for their own utopia because of Hollywood and all the crap that comes along with it. I do also believe, in the end, Farrah got it. She truly realized what was precious. But I believe the real lessons here were learned by Ryan O'Neal. I believe he finally realized he had the love of his life in his grasp for half his life and let it slip away. Don't make the same mistake.Michael Jackson is the king of pop! I loved Michael Jackson growing up and still listent to Black and White, Billie Jean, and Thriller on my ipod. I was on the stairclimber listening to Madonna when the news broke about Michael. Right then my Madonna song ended and Michael's song Billie Jean began. I shed a tear and thought about his children.I don't want to hear he is a molester, a freak, or a sicko. He had demons in his closet that most of us couldn't have handled. He didn't handle them well at times, but he tried! He tried to be normal in his abnormal world and eventually he gave up. He eventually became as scary to us as his world was to him. I think he was scared.Do you know that he weighed 110 pounds at five feet ten inches? Why? He had issues. I don't think we will ever know if he molested those kids because their parents took a pay off to stop the trial. What does that tell you about the parents and the allegations? I can tell you if Michael Jackson truly molested my children I would never have let him off to collect money!He was fifty years old and on the brink of a world tour. I would have loved to see him perform again. No one can dance like Michael. No one can perform like Michael and Michael is gone. I am sad to see him go. I don't know why people say such horrible things about others on the day they died. It is strange to me to celebrate the death of someone when their loved ones are mourning their loss. I think the world has forgotten what forgiveness is. Forgiveness is the essence of life. Without forgiveness you don't have love and if you don't have love in your heart you are not living you are existing! So, Michael you will be missed. I loved your energy, your dancing and your fight to fit into a world that you couldn't quite fit into. You did the best that you could do with the tools you were given. I pray you took your lessons with you when you took your last breath and left the pain behind.Now, on a happy note, Shaq is going to Cleveland! How excited are we? LeBron and Shaq! I am ready for the NBA to start!

1 comment: