Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Why Women Should Watch Sports

There are several reasons why I watch sports. First of all let's go through the sports that I watch. I am an avid fan of basketball, the men have amazing biceps in their perfectly cut jerseys, and I did I tell you their deltoid muscles are so ripped you think there is a six pack on their shoulders. Football is amazing. Football players butts in those tight pants are worth at least three games on a Sunday. What better way to spend a Sunday then checking out men's tight asses with incredible athletic talent. Then there is baseball. A man in a hat is sexy, you put that baseball hat on backwards and you have me at "Do you like the Cubs or the White Sox?" Not to mention their overall manliness in their uniform.
I know a bit sexist, but what the helll? Why do you really think men watch beach volleyball? I am sure it is because they really enjoy watching a woman's athleticism on some sand. No, I think it has something to do with skimpy bikini's and um some, hot legs? Wouldn't you agree? Do you think men really like women's tennis? No, they like the shorts. Yes, girlfriends out there in cyber space, there is some great eye candy to catch on Sunday's on Fox starting in late August usually ending around February first. Check out TNT during basketball season and just tune in for baseball any afternoon starting in May going through October, ESPN would be your choice of channel for the MLB.
I will tell you why I really love sports. I love athletes that perservere and win their game. I love to see a wide receiver covered perfectly, yet the quarterback executes his pass to perfection, which in turn motivates the wide receiver to jump over two guys to get the catch and roll into the end zone. That is fantastic! Or how about a running back breaking tackles, spinning, jumping and diving into the end zone. No one did it better than Sweetness.
I will never forget watching Mike Singletary's eyes at middle linebacker. The intensity of a smart middle linebacker is like watching a tiger go after it's prey. They are about to attack, but no one knows where. When they get their prey, the quarterback or the runningback or full back or even the wide receiver, the prey knows who they have been taken down by a fiercer opponent.
Basketball is a pure adrenaline rush! I don't like Kobe Bryant, but the guy is mesmerizing. His skills don't even compare to best basketball player and athlete walking the planet, Michael Jordan. I would sit and watch him shoot a jump shot, dunk the ball from the free throw line, pass by the opponent on a fast break and slam it home, with my mouth open and at times tears in my eyes due to the gift of Michael and entertainment. Don't even get me started on March Madness! I am ready to hear Dick Vitale again and his voice that sounds like he his part horse and part duck.
Baseball is a game of strategy. I love watching the communication that goes on between a pitcher and a catcher. The batter has no idea what pitch is going to be thrown at him. He only has a split second to figure it out. The best part is when the count is 3-2 and I try to guess what the pitcher will throw next. This usually involves betting Mark and rubbing it in his face when I am right.
There is no other game that an athlete fails at more than as a batter in the MLB. It is a given. If you hit one out of eight you are doing awesome. That means you failed seven times. But think about what you have to do as a hitter. There are five or more different types of pitches coming at you with different speeds and velocity. You have a split second to decide if you are swinging and where will you swing your bat. If you swing too early you better have long arms to reach for that ball and pull it. If you swing to late you better be strong enough to pull it down the right field line. Wow! That is awesome!
Let's not forget base stealing, the athleticism of your infield and the agility and hand eye coordination of your outfielders. Not to mention your coaches on first and third deciding who will steal, who will run and who will slide. The strategy of the game of baseball is better than any Scrabble, Monopoly or game of Life.
Let's not forget when the game is tied in the bottom of ninth with two outs. Or the fourth quarter with 7.3 seconds left and Lebron James will have the ball. Or the fourth quarter at the two minute warning and the offensive team is on the fifty yard line, fifteen yards away from field goal range and it is third down and six!
It doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment