Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Ramirez...Latest MLB Liar

Manny Ramirez was suspended for fifty games for failing a drug test. A baseball performance enhancing drug was found in his urine test. I will tell you his pathetic excuse in a moment. But first I must let you know what I believe needs to be done to stop this atrocity in baseball.
Roger Clemens was a disgrace. He lied under oath, he was a seven time Cy Young winner. Two more times than any pitcher in Major League Baseball! I feel he should give those award up. He didn't and won't, instead he tried to take the pressure off of himself by throwing his wife under the bus. He let the world know she was being injected with steroids while getting ready for a photo shoot. What a stand up guy and wonderful husband. Let's just hope he stays out of the hall of fame.
Then we have Alex Rodriguez, Arod. Rodriguez's scumbag agent, Scott Boras, negotiated a ridiculous monetary package with the Yankees for ARod. The deal is worth a guanteed $275 million dollars for ten years. Boras front loaded the deal. ARod will get paid $32 million in each of his first three seasons. He will receive and extra $30 million for each of his homerun milestones he hits! Gross, I know. But it gets even better.
Rodriguez tested positive for steroids back in 2003. In 2003 there were no penalties for steroid use. It was known back then by owners and the league that Rodriguez was using steroids. But they didn't care. He was still able to negotiate this contract worth over $300 million dollars! Why do you think that? Money, the owners of the Yankees will make more than that off of Rodriguez if he reaches his potential.
There are 104 other MLB players that tested positive for steroid use back in 2003. We don't know who they are, but the league does. I want to know what their contracts are worth. Where are they playing? Who signed them knowing they were using steroids?
Barry Bonds, the king of bullshit! He is liar and a cheat. The San Francisco Giants have known that for years. They have watched him go in and out of court. They kept him, because people kept paying to see him go for the homerun record. That is what the Yankess are hoping will happen with ARod. ARod has a chance to break the homerun record. I actually think we should have two homerun records. One for real baseball players and the other one for cheaters.
Here we are with another cheater in baseball. I have to tell you Ramirez made the Dodgers work hard to get him, and pay him a lot of money. The only reason he ended up with the Dodgers is because the economy slumped, with a slumping economy how many families will be able to buy tickets to the ball park this season. Where do you think players get their salaries from? If no one is coming to the ballpark, the owners are not making bucket loads of money off of $5.00 beers and $10.00 hot dogs! Let's not forget the souvenirs.
In the end, after a very dirty battle, Ramirez got a two year contract worth $45 million. The first year is a guaranteed $25 million! This is what Ramirez gives the Dodgers in return. The loser can't even help his team for fifty games and won't be back until July. Hello people, this can do serious damage to the Dodger's record. I say to the owners of teams that recruit these liars, "YOU DESERVE IT!"
This brings me to my point. The players should be punished. Ramirez will lose $8 million during his suspension, but I think the owners should be the ones that lose money from their pockets. The owners are leeches. They leeech off of the players. The owners are not in it for the fans or the players, they are in it for themselves to feed their egos that are so large they can't feed them enough. Do not think for a minute that the owners are not aware of who is doing steroids and who isn't.
Owners don't care if players are doing steroids. All they want is the player to show up and play at levels that are almost unattainable without steroid use. This is what Rodriguez said after getting busted for steroids, "When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all of the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level everyday." That says it all folks. I actually believe that statement.
I will end with Ramirez's excuse," Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me medication, not a steroid, which he thought was OK to give me. Unfortunately the medication was banned under our new drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsiblity. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons."
I would like to say, "Manny, you are a liar. Manny, you have watched Bond, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa and Canseco make the same bullshit statements and claims. Own your mistake and tell the truth, you injected steroids for the money!"

1 comment:

  1. Great post.

    Pretty no limit to what the pursuit of money will do.

    ReplyDelete