Monday, April 27, 2009

Sex Survey.....Participant Number 1

As I stated before I wrote a book on how to save marriages. I sent a questionnaire out to 100 women I didn't know and asked them all the same nine questions. Sex came up over and over again in their answers. Yes fellas, sex is important to women too. Women cheat as much as men if they are not getting satisfied emotionally and physcially at home.
I am going to let you in on fifteen different women's answers to the seven questions I asked each of them regarding sex and their marriage. These questions are not in my book, I am just doing this for my own interest and to share some insight on how to help all of us have a stronger marriage. I know there are many aspects to being happily married. I am only dealing with sex right now!
Here we go. This first woman has been married for ten years. She lives in the Southwest, and has two children.
How many times a week do you have sex with your spouse?
Once a week
Is the sex satisfying?
NO!
Do you feel comfortable asking your spouse to try new things to heat up your sex life?
In the beginning of the marriage I did, but now I do not feel comfortable talking to him about it.
Would you consider having an affair or ending your marriage over sex?
Yes, I am considering leaving my husband. An affair is a possibility. But I am not considering that just because of the sex. The sex is a big part of my dissatisfaction but there are other things also.
Do you think your spouse knows you are not satisfied sexually?
Yes, he knows, but doesn't want to do anything about it.
Do you often fantasize or wish you could find sexual satisfaction elsewhere?
Yes, often.
How would you rate your marriage on a scale of 1-10?
6
I was surprised that she rated it a six. I thought it would be more like a four. What she did say to me that made a lot of sense was, "Most marriages fail because each spouse doesn't understand what the other person wants. Sex is definitely misunderstood. Ideally I would like to have sex three times a week, but I am not even sexually attracted to him anymore."
Okay, that marriage is heading south. The real problem seems to be communication on all levels. But sexual communication can get real sticky. The one question she wanted me to ask all of you is; How do you open up communication about sex without hurting your husband's ego? Great question!

No comments:

Post a Comment